Tuesday 3 April 2012

Canine companion makes life easier for James

Ten years ago James Crossley was injured while carrying out his job as tree surgeon leaving him paralysed from the waist down and with an Acquired Brain Injury.
 Thirty-two-year-old James, who lives in Baschurch, Shropshire, uses a wheelchair and has home support provided by a personal assistant from complex care providers The Complete Group.
Two months ago his life was transformed with the additional help of a canine friend – Winter an assistance dog, trained and provided by West Sussex-based charity Canine Partners.
Despite being with James for only two months, Winter has already made an impact on James quality of life.
James said: “Winter is absolutely amazing, she has made a huge difference to my life, keeping me mentally and physically active. She is trained to pick up things when I drop them, fetch a mobile phone if I fall, and even press the correct button for me to access lifts.”

No comments:

Post a Comment